Week 1 of the slimdown plan is complete!
One week ago:
I almost lost 4 pounds this week (yay!), but since I’m so tall I think it will be a while before I start seeing substantial body changes, because my weight will come off evenly from all over my body. But I do think my tummy looks a little flatter!
I made a running goal where every day that I ran I would increase my distance of running without stopping by 1/4 mile. My very first run was 1.5 miles straight, and then I ran/walked the rest of the 3 miles.
My second run was successful! 1.75 without stopping!
My third run was rough. I was sore from a leg workout the day before, and it was 80 degrees (which is WAY too hot for me) and so I only went 1.25 miles without stopping, but finished my 2 miles at a decent pace and ran/walked the rest.
My physical activity this week
Monday – Upper body + abs
Tuesday – Cardio
1.75 miles without stopping, total 3.5 miles.
Wednesday – Lower body + abs
Thursday – Cardio
Supposed to run 2 miles without stopping, only ran 1.25 and ran/walked the rest of the 3.3 miles.
Began serving at Texas Roadhouse, 4 hours of straight physical activity
Friday – Total body
(I thought this was a little weird, I didn’t love this workout)
Saturday – Yoga
Served at Texas Roadhouse for 12 hours straight, very very exhausting, and all I got to eat the whole day was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich… yikes.
Sunday – Rest
(But also serve)
- I had a lot of cake pops in the house, so I was eating those and actually gained a pound in the beginning of the week.
- Working at a restaurant is difficult because I get very hungry and all of the options there are highly caloric.
Ways to overcome them:
- I will not bake more unhealthy foods that will tempt me for days on end
- I will pack healthy lunches and dinners for when I work so that I won’t be tempted to eat roadhouse food
Goals for this upcoming week:
- Continue workout regimen
- Run 2 miles without stopping by Thursday
- Eat intuitively